Wednesday, January 24, 2007

blogging

So things have been happening in my life, been away on holiday, camping. We left just the day after the herald screamed from the front page "cyclone warning". Didn't stop the Fletchers. Not us. Lets just say it was rather wet though.

So, not letting that put a hole in my head, heres some thoughts:

Do you agree that often when we run away from God he seems to step back from the picture. Maybe for weeks we have been on the verge of rebelling, aching to go off the path we know is right...then bang, we leave, run, run and at last stop. And THAT is where we find him. Why do I find him in the places I try to hide from Him? Maybe he knows me that well...

I was talking to this man on Queen street, in Auckland at 1:30ish in the morning and I mentioned it to him. He was with this Maori guy who was wacking away at his guitar and singing christian song in Maori, accompanonied by his friends. He said he hung out with that group not because he was a christian, but because he had nothing else to do and 'it was a bit of light fun'. Anyhow he said right away he agreed with me about God finding us in the times when we run. He told me about such an experience and told me how he had been in prison, the lowest point of his life, and then his room mate gave him this book to read. It was called the Bible Code. It seems to have had a profound effect in his life, and now he obviously believes that God is real, although he doesn't seem to have made any concrete discisions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no comment.

Anonymous said...

i just had a chat with an antheist guy - gosh! how could such a person live! God is surely merciful! Praise the Lord!