Wednesday, January 30, 2008

finale finale

Well, in the middle of a final week, the time seems to fly. Last night I had my last team dinner, which we have every week on tuesday nights. Everyone from all the different houses on the base get together at on families house, so its a full on feed, lots of kai from different countries etc.
It was nice because the team gave me some gifts (a Massai blanke, a kikoi, some african tea, and an nice African shirt) and said some kind things bout me and finally prayed for me and my future. Then we had desert as a bit of a finale'

Tomorrow I'm going to Magugu with Lynda, Patrick who is a Congolese pastor and his wife Rebbecca who is Australian. Its going to be great to have a last taste of Africa before bundling everything up, catching a bus, two planes, and (I guess) a van ride back to 13 Watea rd, Mt. Albert, Auckland, South Pacific, Southern hemisphere, the world, sitting in Gods hand.

This weekend I am going for a walk with Josh out to the village to visit Eframe (whom dad will remember). I will be getting up early Saturday morning to cook French toast for the Carstensens. By the way I have picked up a few African recipes which I will be trying out back home. Then after the morning at the base on Sunday, I will be catching the Impala bus up to Nairobi.

um, yup, so I don't think I will be updating my blog again unless I'm really bored, that is until I am back on Ateorua soil.

So, thanks for journeying with me, I'm sorry if the last few post have been a bit droll, thanks a million to those who posted comments and connected me with home etc.

-_- :D *) 8) (-_-")

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes we will be at the airport waiting for you simon. even izion! we drop off isabella one of the brazillian sisters an hour before you get back so that is good timing. we will be praying for you that it all ends well, or maybe just begins!lots of summer left and kids all want to go to pt erin with you . lots of love , mum etc ps gave max a bath in preparatin for the home coming

Anonymous said...

Agreed, or maybe just begins!
MmmmwHa Ha Ha HA HAaaa