Friday, January 25, 2008

saturday's a lazy day

Weelll,
I am totally over my stomach problems, and the sun is heating upi the atmoshpere here in Arusha. It was hot yesterday and it is proving to be hot today.
I've been giving guitar lessons, designing advertisements, working out new worship songs for the 'song book', spending time with my family over here, and reading.
I've been reading Katherine Mansfield's short stories and they are just fantastic, I highly recommend.

I have also been invited to go down to Magugu again at the end of next week(thursday and friday), which will be great. I will be finishing off the photos we didn't have time to complete last week, and it will really be the last thing I'll do before I leave.

Africa is such a huge place, but its easy to forget, because everyone is so local, and communal. When I look over the balchony in the evenings it seems such a normal landscape compared to the sight it seemed when I first arrived. I guess everything will look a bit different when I get back hoome, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi again Si
Glad to hear that you are feeling better, the antibiotics must have helped, that is good.
sounds like they are keeping you busy there, was talking to Allan Dow and he said you had done some work for Sue also.
Jos and alot of your family have gone to parachute this weekend, Jos was looking forward to it. He starts school next week and has to sort out histimetable has a couple of clashes, we are all good up here very hot at the moment, mind you probably not as hot as Africa.
The next week will go fast, enjoy and God Bless and protect you.
Love Toni Paul Jos Leah and Ruth
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Simon um....hi. Um I just got your email now cause we've been at Parachute. Um yup I've printed the email and I'll talk it down sometime time in the next 20 hours cause I'm at school from tomorrow. Hey do you like Rapture Ruckus? Download his new single "No Mater What" for free for a limited time only. Yes I sound like a sales representative. Haha I heard you were cracking up when you heard how many times dad's shown the slides.

From Hannah