Friday, December 21, 2007

merry merry ...merry..

hey eveyone, thanks for your replies and comments. Jay, good to hear from you and from your mum. Hope you guys have a great christmas, and keep safe, thanks for the hug :) Hye Isaac, I hope you guys have a good one too.
Mum, its good to hear from you and get an ear into whats been happening arround the home. Its great Sorawti and Richard are going camping..when do you guys leave? will you be at home to skype on christmas?

Well, I am moving house again tomorrow, back to sally and PC's house. They are a very nice kiwi family with two kids, and I will be having Christmas with them and the couple from NC, America who are also staying there and also are very nice people. Everyone is nice here!
I had a few moments while sitting in the Russell's house and listening to carols in the background when I really did miss home. But its great that I'm going to have christmas with my extended family over here too.

We are going to a Christmas carol night tonight, after we have a carol practice for sunday at vineyard this afternoon. Confusing? Well, I think I'm going to be carol'ed out pretty soon -_- but not yet!

I've been working on this curriculum all week with a pastor who is also training here at Joshua, but is an artist and even used to work for a news paper company in Dar Es Salam a few years ago as a comic artist. Hes really good and its been fun just working together. I couldn't believe he hadn't watched Lord of the Rings which I think is compulsory for any artist to watch, or any creative person, so we watched a bit yesterday. He really liked it, but I had to pause a lot and explain what was going on. Having never come into contact with something so allegoric and complex in film I totally understand why it would be such a challenge. The people of Tanzania are educated strongly in non-fictional things, but not very much in non-fictional things, like poetry, short stories, film and novels. In some ways that reminds me of China.

I might get another post up before Christmas, but its going to be a busy few days, so no promises. Marry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Simon!
Man its so cool hearing all the things you've been up to. I like the photos. I see that you're interested in all the animals, lol. I would be too though. I've just been working mostly, but im enjoying it. Its christmas now huh? Merry christmas man. Much love to you, From Kaleb, Lisa and Little Eden!

Anonymous said...

WE'RE GOING CAMPING FROM THE 11TH - 14TH OR SOMETHING. THE WKD OF DEBORAH'S B'DAY. SOME OF US ARE ALSO GOING TO BE AWAY FROM JANUARY THE 25-29TH CAUSE THAT'S PARACHUTE.
SO YUP, WE'LL E BE AROUND FOR CHRISTMAS, CAN'T PROMISE WE'LL HAVE TIME TO GO ON SKYPE THOUGH BUT WE'LL SEE.HAVE A GREAT CHRISTMAS IF WE DON'T HEAR FROM YOU BEFOREHAND.
FROM HANNAH.

Anonymous said...

hi simon first time ever i found you with out help on the web!hey give us a time on the 25th to sykpe and we will definitly try. we are off to church for the last christmas service to day. will be pretty small. hannah and laura are dancing at vcc church to nite. afew of us will watch. our christmas day dinner will be with granny at about 5. phillip and sue and kids called in on the way to grandads. peter and jessie took us out to lunch with the williams family, very nice chinese resturant, even izion was well behaved.dad and i and hannah went down to hamilton to terry maxwells 21st all good and he wants to visit you before mid feb when his course starts.lots of love . we miss you .mum

Si- said...

wohoo, good to hear from you all, especially Wilson family! Will be in contact soon Fletchers!