Monday, December 10, 2007

wellllllll.......Lion King will do Pom

Thanks for putting up those photos Sorawit! I can't wait to see how the film photos turned out as well, has Graham developed them yet?? The photos of Shinyanga and Mwanza will be great to get up on the blog.

We are on a three day fast started yesterday to pray for the coming year here in Tanzania and work out strategies etc as a team, and although Im only here for a while I think God wants me to pray with them. There is many very sad things in Africa, and just as much so in the church as outside it. If you could, pray against ignorance, because there is a whole lot of it here. Pray that the eyes of the people would be opened.

I'm still working on illustrations and things, and when I scan them in to the computer I will try and put some up here. I love that rhino picture. There is a tiny amount of rhinos left in the wild, about 2,500, so they are VERY rare to see up that close. She was one of two we saw, and she came to check us out. we saw here at Ngorongoro crater.

I'm going to be working with an African chap today who is a very good artist. I had a headache last night which was quote painful, then had a dream of a good friend of mine, Rueben, showing me his new artwork and being very impressed...prophetic?

Well, hope NZ is still floating below that long white cloud... :D

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Hey Simon,
New Zealand is still here!
I hope the fasting and the planning goes well. It's sad to hear about certain situations and even moreso to hear about ignorance of these things. It's frighteningly easy to put things that are so terrible for those experiencing them aside while we try to get on with our own lives.
Those pictures look amazing!
Hope you're well and having a good time :)

Rosie

Anonymous said...

i'm fasting 3 days too!
cant beleive this! this is totally amazing!!!!

i'll go n jump off da hill now

Anonymous said...

hi si this is deborah here hope u r well we all miss u very much we r fine hope u r haveing a great time over there oh we need to drop beth off at kindy now love deborah
beth says hi iknow you miss us and we miss you and york will come soon . i love you and i know you love me.mum now ,we are praying too. dad very tired still not caught up from trip and his work is full on,

Anonymous said...

honestly even the washing powder looks so delicious
everything! my dad just got 2 gold fish n he told me to buy sm fish food n honestly.... fish food smell so delicious!!!!

Anonymous said...

hope ur not eating grass


btw, Hannah going for a trial at da sushi shop this aftanoon - yay