Friday, December 7, 2007

saturday..again!

Its already the eighth of December, and I've been here over a month :) time sure does just fly...but its amazing how we barely have time to notice we're flying along with it. The Russells who I'm staying with will be back on tuesday which will be great, although they will start moving into their new house when they get back...
I haven't got a lot done this week, I've beem dealing with stomach problems..ugh. But I did design the Joshua schools report for Lynda, which was a bit of work. I've been helping prepare resources for the Maths curicullum as well, and that involved a whole lot of cutting and laminating and cutting again.

I caught a Daladala with Collin yesterday whcih is like a van which acts as a bus and fills with as many people as possible and is about thirty cents for a ride into town. I'm going to be playing guitar with the worship team at Vineyard this sunday and we went to a practice. Theres only four of us, Collin on the bongos whoo is really good, Nadine singing and her brother Jeremy on the piano. These guys are great musicians and I'm going to learn a lot of them..wohoo can't wait till Sunday!


Hope all is well in NZ, keep me updated :0
I tried calling home today but nobody picked up, tried calling Sorawit and the same thing happened, must be a busy saturday night...I sent a lteer home anyway.

The sunsets over here still amaze me, I'm going to pull my camera out more often I think...Oh, yeah and I went to a snake park on monday, and quickly found myself with a snake arround my neck. He was very friendly though, and didn't bite me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Si
Great to hear from you again, and sorry to hear you have tummy problems!! We are all well here, busy time of year, we are still waiting for summer to arrive it is pouring again today. Jos glad his exams are over, and we are all looking forward to our holiday.
Please say hi to Owen and Lois, and Allan and Sue from us too.
Love Uncle Paul Aunty Toni JOs Leah and Ruthie
xxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Simon, We went to Owairaka last Sunday. It was good to fellowship and to hear your dad telling about your wonderful adventure. What amazing adventures our Lord has stored for us. I pray Simon that He will open that storehouse for you and release all those adventures.
I remember seeing you with your family in China and how different we all looked from the locals. I expect that that difference is always going to be there. May the Lord use that difference in you Simon. As you stand under the African sun may the Lord fill your heart with the wonder of who He is and the awesome sense of belonging.
Lord, Deposit your best in Simon as he learns to give his best.
So very proud to know you,
Dawn Voisey

Anonymous said...

hi simon it is your very own mother here and it is far too late at night to be coherent but here goes. hannah and i came to wgtn last week to see granny, that wAs good . she and norman are well , we did a lot of walkng and shopping and at least 4 coffee shops in the 36 hours we had . quite refreshing to be in a different city at xmas time. also met with kathleen and lucy beeler , the mum came to Nanning to adopt lucy in 1992, i delivered lucy on the back of my bike to kathleens hotel. lucy is now a beautiful 17 year old girl . they have immigrateed to wgtn from america this year they met hannah and myself at the airport. a very special time. han very pleased as we went to a japanese restaurant for dinner. sorry we not at home on saturday , we were showing alix and kiri the sights of auckland at night, mainly one tree hill and cornwall park. they were such good company as lef was off dancing all w.end . grandads b.day went well at our house, julie spray gave him a painting of the ruakaka beach, beautiful, we all miss you , beth and ellie have little weeps at times . give life all you can, absorb all god has for you and rest by the Waters. Lots to say will writeagain soon.would love to hear the african worship!